St Stephen’s School was originally built in 1858 with funds raised by the congregation of St Stephen’s Church and the local community.
We enjoy a very strong and positive relationship with St Stephen’s Church. The Vicar, Jeremy Allcock, and other church staff visit the school every week and lead acts of worship. Special celebrations are held at the church four times each year; classes visit the church for lessons on topics such as Baptism, Holy Communion, vestments and church buildings. Jeremy has also led lessons at school on Ordination, prayer, the Bible and what it means to be a Vicar.
The vicar of St Stephen’s is an ex-officio member of the governors of St Stephen’s School and several members of St Stephen’s congregation serve as school governors, all making a valuable contribution to the life of the school.