St Stephen’s Church
St Stephen’s School was originally built in 1858 with funds raised by the congregation of St Stephen’s Church and the local community.
We enjoy a very strong and positive relationship with St Stephen’s Church. The Vicar, Richard Dryer, and other church staff visit the school every week and lead acts of worship. Special celebrations are held at the church four times each year; classes visit the church for lessons on topics such as Baptism, Holy Communion, vestments and church buildings. We have also enjoyed a wonderful week exploring the church building led by our churchwarden Sally.
The vicar of St Stephen’s is an ex-officio member of the governors of St Stephen’s School and several members of St Stephen’s congregation serve as school governors, all making a valuable contribution to the life of the school.